Online Roulette | #Best Roulette Online
Online Roulette is one of the most popular online casino games amongst players in 2017. When you hear or see a spinning wheel, you are likely to know it’s a Roulette. The game entails a Roulette wheel with sections that are numbered.Roulette evolved from its early French roots and developed into one of the most played casino game in the world, including Australia. To date, the same gambling concept still applies. High stake games are a standard feature at Australian land-based and online casinos.The rules of Roulette are quite simple. A small ball is dropped onto the rotating Roulette wheel, with 37 or 38 coloured numbered sections (depending on the version being played), and players wager on which part they think the ball will land. The wheel is spun by the croupier at the table. The aim of the game is for players to guess the digit or digits that the ball will land on accurately.
Roulette is a game of pure chance, so a player’s success is determined by lady luck. The ball can land on any of the numbered sections, so it is nearly impossible to cheat. Thus, Roulette is one of the most exciting games players will ever find at a land-based or online casino.
On this page, we look at the history of online Roulette, its many variations, as well as some helpful tips and tricks.
Best Roulette Online Casinos 2018
$350 Match BONUS
Roulette is believed to have originated in France in the 18th century, though the Roulette wheel itself debuted nearly a century earlier. The name even comes from the French word meaning “little wheel.”
The Roulette wheel was invented by the French mathematician and inventor Blaise Pascal, who designed it as part of his attempt to create a perpetual motion machine. A perpetual motion machine is a device that can work forever without an energy source.
Pascal had not intended to create a casino game, but inadvertently became the father of roulette as we know it today.
The design of the roulette wheel didn’t change for nearly 200 years. In 1843, French casino tycoon François Blanc and his twin brother Louis had a crack at re-inventing the roulette wheel, adding the green zero to the wheel. This was done at the behest of King Charles III of Monaco. The new wheel gave the house a much greater advantage in the game, and the money made from the wheel helped save the Kingdom from bankruptcy.
According to legend François Blanc tried to bargain with Satan to obtain the secrets of Roulette. Hence, all of the numbers on the roulette wheel, 0 to 36, add up to 666.
Today, Roulette is a favourite at land-based and online casinos. High rollers and low betters can enjoy the game’s fast pace and edge-of-the-seat action.
Variations of Traditional and Online Roulette
Roulette has several notable differences. The top three most popular, being French, European, and American Roulette, are played at casinos all around the world. Below we take a look at all three different versions and what sets them apart.
The original version of roulette. French roulette is the kindest to new players, as the house has a slight advantage. The “la partage” rule, which means ‘the sharing’ in French, also only applies to French roulette. With this, all even money bets (red and black) made by players, are divided in two if the ball lands on zero. This means players get half of their original bet back, and the house keeps the other half. This rule reduces the house edge to just 1.35%.
The European game version of roulette has a variation on the “la partage” rule called “en prison.” With this rule, if a player makes an even money bet and they lose, the have the option to keep the bet ‘in prison.’ This means that the bet stays on the same number, and if the next spin wins, the player gets the bet back. If the spin loses, the player loses the wager.
American Roulette has its unique wheel, with both a zero and double zero placed at opposite ends of the wheel. This increases both the house advantage and the speed at which a player can win or lose. The house advantage in a game of American roulette is 5.26%. The “la partage” and “en prison” rules do not apply to American roulette.
Mini Roulette is similar to French roulette but is played on a much smaller wheel. Mini Roulette is played on a wheel that is numbered from 0 to 12. This means that the house edge is dramatically increased, from 1.35% to 7.69%. Some online casinos pay back half of a losing bet if the ball lands on zero, reducing the house edge to just 3.85%.
Roulette Royale is the most difficult to win but offers players the biggest jackpot. Roulette Royale offers a progressive jackpot. For a player to win, they need to land on the same number, five times in a row. This is difficult, but not impossible.
Online Roulette Terms
- Red Bet – Betting that the ball will land on a red number
- Black Bet – Betting that the ball will land on a black number
- Straight bet – When a player makes a bet on a single number, black or red.
- Split bet – When player bets on two numbers that are next to each other.
- Column bet – Placing a bet on one of the three columns of 12 numbers on the roulette table.
- Dozen bet – Wagering that the ball falls in the first, second, or third dozen of numbers on the wheel.
- Tiers du Cylinder – A bet in a game of French roulette. The player bets on the 12 numbers on the opposite side of the zero on the wheel.
- Voisins de Zero – Also a bet in a game of French roulette. The player bets on zero as well as the seven numbers to the right, and the nine numbers to the left of the zero.
- Five-number bet – Only available in American roulette. Player bets that the ball will fall on 0, 00, 1, 2, or 3.
How to play Roulette Online
Players should never walk blindly into a game of online roulette. Knowing the rules of the game, the proper strategies, and what the best banking options are will greatly increase the enjoyability of the experience.
All the casinos featured on Jackpots Casino allow players to bet at the casino. Players should always ensure that their chosen online casino Canada accepts wagers and offers support for their chosen banking method.
Not all online casinos offer the same games. Players who want to wager on a certain variation of online
to start playing online roulette, players must first place their bets. It is wise for players to know what kind of a roulette game they want to play or suits their liking. There are inside bets that are placed on the inside area of the roulette which are as follows:
- Street bets– famously known as row bet. It is the bet placed on the row of three digits. Most of the time the bet is placed at the end of the row.
- Double street best-known as six line bet. Six numbers bet on two adjacent rows.
- Split bets– two numbers bet close to the roulette table.
- Corner bets– four numbers bet. Bets placed on the corner of the roulette table.
- Straight bets– betting on one number that is placed on the digit on the table.
The following are the outside bets that are placed on the outside area of the roulette table:
- A Dozen bets– betting on a dozen digits.
- Odd or even bets– betting based on what the number will be. Bets are placed on what the player thinks the bet will be, odd or even.
- Column bets– betting on twelve digits that conclude a column on the roulette table.
- Red or black bets– placing a bet on a red or black area.
- High or low bets– betting based on what the result will be, high or low number.
Online Roulette Tips and Tricks
- Practice: Most casinos Online offer players the chance to play for free* before they make any wager. This gives new gamblers the opportunity to learn the ins-and-outs of a game before they make any bet.
*Play for free differs from Free Play. With Free Play, players get to wager without making a deposit and keep a percentage of their winnings.
- Choose a reputable casino: Players should always be wary dubious online casinos. At Jackpots Casino, we only feature trustworthy online casinos that take every precaution to protect players’ information.
- Bet on outside chances: Outside chance bets like columns or dozens, red/black, odd/even, or high/low bets have smaller returns but are more likely to win. This keeps players in the game.
- Set a bankroll and stick to it– it is crucial for players to set a bankroll on their roulette game and stick to it.
- Play for free– it is wise for players to first play the game for free so that they can get to know the game better before playing for real money.
Mobile Casino Roulette
Mobile casino roulette has been specifically tailored to smaller screens. Thus, not all of the features on normal online roulette can be found on mobile casino roulette. The games are still highly interactive and entertaining.
At Jackpots Casino we only feature the best mobile casino roulette games, that offer players the best casino bonuses with the widest variety of banking options.