Tennis Betting in 2018
Tennis betting is becoming one of the most popular gambling forms. The game is all about punters betting on players, and there are also various ways that bettors can place their bets. To this date, we can say that tennis has become one of the most bet on sport in the sporting scene. Many might not know, but tennis is an old sport dating back to 16th Century France. With the ever-increasing popularity of the sport, more bettors are coming in. New bettors can also try watching the sport and see if they enjoy it as it is important to understand the game before betting, so players can make more informed decisions.
Top Online Gambling Sites 2018
Best Tennis Betting Sites for players
- William Hill
Tennis Betting – How to
The following are the steps on how tennis betting works:
- Firstly, you select a match that you would like to bet on;
- Then you choose the kind of a bet;
- Select the bet;
- And finally, you enjoy the match and wait to see if you win.
Tennis Betting Tournaments that players can Bet on
The Australian Open
One of the biggest annual tennis betting tournaments that is held in January. The Australian Open is the first of the four grand slam tennis betting events of the year.
The President’s Cup
Known as Astana Challenger, this event is a professional sports tournament that is played outside on a hard court.
The French Open
Formally known as Les Internationaux de France de Tennis, The French Open is also one of the major tennis tournaments that are held for two long weeks at the Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France.
One of the oldest tennis tournaments in the world the game is played on a grass court and has been held in London since 1877.
The United States Open
The US Open is a modern version of the oldest tennis championships from across the world and is an annual hard-court tennis tournament.
Tennis Betting Tips
Even though tennis betting is one of the sports betting games that are based on luck, there are certain aspects of the game that punters should consider, and use as a strategy, to place their bets.
- Know your players – Gamblers should make sure that they know the players and understand the game before making a bet so that they can make more informed decisions.
- Fitness levels – Choose a player that has been in the game for a long time and not a player that has been injured, or that has been out of the game for a while.
- Playing Conditions – The weather can have a negative impact on the players and the court surface.
- Consider the court surface:
- Wood: Wood was popular from the 1880’s through the first half of the 20th.
- Hard: Mostly used on the professional tour. Used at the Australian Open, U.S, and the DecoTurf Open. Hard courts tend to have a quicker paced-ball.
- Grass: The form of grass used has an influence on the ball.
- Clay: There are different types of clay, red and green clay. Red clay is used for the French Open and green clay is used in the US Open.
- Carpet: A form of removable court covering like carpeting and artificial grass.
Types of Tennis Betting
Below are the types of tennis bets that players can choose from:
- Match Betting: Betting on who will win.
- Handicap Betting: Betting based on the handicap of the players.
- Set Betting: Betting based on the final score.
- First Set Winner: Betting on who will win the first set.
- Total Games: Betting on the number of games that will be played in the match.
Proposition: Includes various bets, i.e., who will make the most faults in a match.